V-ZUG is the leading Swiss brand for household appliances and also markets its products in selected premium markets abroad. For over 100 years, V-ZUG has been developing and producing appliances for the kitchen and washroom in Switzerland and offers a comprehensive service in all markets.
Year of listing
Housewares / Home Furnishings / Accessories
Direct contribution to SDGs
Type of Pledge
By 2030, we increase the energy and water efficiency of all equipment brought to market by 5 %*.
* Based on the fleet efficiency: Consumption of all sold or rented appliances within a year, multiplied by annual consumption based on the label values.
By 2030, we reduce the environmental impact of our newly developed products by 5 %, based on reference point of the previous model*.
* According to the LCA Method with the unit UBP (EcoPoints), based on the Ecological Scarcity Method developed by the Federal office for the Environment, on every new product development.
By 2030, we reduce remaining greenhouse gas emissions in Scope 1 & 2 at all our production sites by 80 %*.
* Compared with 2020 (already CO2 neutral since 2020, trough offsetting with CO2 removal by investing in afforestation project V-Forest).
From 2021 onwards, we annually reduce the number of accidents by 5 %, with a long-term "Zero Accident Vision" *.
* Based on 2020 figures, measured as Lost Time Injury (minor accidents: absence < 3 days, and ordinary accidents: absence > 3 days).
By 2025, we increase the proportion of women in the leadership team including Board of Directors across the group to more than 25 %*.
* Overall female proportion at V-ZUG groupwide between 20-22 % (past 3 years). Ambition to reach parity over time.
Scope of Pledges:
V-ZUG Group operates in various markets around the world through a number of subsidiaries with clear operational and commercial boundaries. The pledges taken within the STI framework relate either to the three production sites (pledge 1 and 4) or across the entire group (2, 3 and 5).
Note: By 2023 systematically indicates the end of the year, meaning: By the end of 2023 (unless otherwise defined, such as fiscal year)